Finger Lakes Adventure Camp Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program will offer opportunities to campers ages 14 and up to get a head start with learning skills that will serve them as they enter the workforce. Participants in this program not only gain technical skills in a variation of watersports, participants will also learn about responsibility, teamwork, leadership and the satisfaction that accompanies helping younger campers learn the skills.
Cost: $495 – Early Bird Special ’til May 1st – $395
CIT Training: July 5 – 9, 2021
Location: Myers Park, Lansing, NY
This week of training prepares our CITs for the responsibilities and expectations of being a junior counselor through Paddle-N-More’s Finger Lakes Adventure Camps. They will learn the CIT code of conduct and all that it means to be part of a hard-working and dynamic team while at camp.
To become a CIT with the Finger Lakes Adventure Camp at Paddle-N-More all participants must:
Be at least 14 years of age as of June 1, 2021 and entering the 9th grade
Have attended at least one week of Paddle-N-More’s watersports camps as a camper or have similar experience in watersports participation, such as kayaking, standup paddleboarding, windsurfing, and/or sailing
- TOP REASONS TO BE A CIT PADDLE-N-MORE’S CAMPS!
- Participants have the opportunity to take their water-sports skills to the next level by working alongside trained and certified outdoor instructor and recreation professionals
- Discover new strengths and gain teaching skills
- Experience working with different age groups
- Become a better leader
- Practice group management skills
- Enjoy being a role model and working with younger campers
- Get discounts off all our camp programs
- Obtain a Red Cross First Aid/CPR Certification
- Start on the path toward becoming a future leader and camp counselor at FLX Adventure Camp
- Help plan camp shenanigans!
- Have lots of fun!
Things to know about being a CIT:
- According to the Tompkins County Department of Health, CITs are still considered campers. They are campers with experience who assist and teach younger/newer campers in Paddle-N-More’s Wind-n-Waves Intermediate and Junior Camps.
- The program is designed to develop the basics of leadership, professionalism, presentation, and support.
- CITs are to continually take a learning role and assist lead counselors with development of daily activities.
- CITs must attend the CIT Development Camp scheduled for July 5 – 9, 2021.
- The CIT position at FLX Adventure Camp through Paddle-N-More is not a paid position.
- CITs are expected to continue a learning path throughout their time assisting with camps.
- CITs are expected to be a role model and assist with teaching techniques to younger/newer campers.
- Develop an appreciation for the importance of being a role model.
- CITs can register for our Wind-n-Waves Senior and Board Sports camps at a discounted price, but are not considered CITs as these camps require more advanced technique and teaching skills.
- CITs will receive a 25% discount on regular priced merchandise from our camp store.