Join the fun this summer and get on your way onto to becoming a skilled water-sports enthusiast! Participants will be introduced to the ins and outs of a variety of watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, canoeing and standup paddleboarding.
Because we are seeing many return campers, for the 2022 season we will create instructional stations where small groups will receive more hands-on instructional opportunities from skills instructors in kayaking, paddleboarding, canoeing, windsurfing, and sailing. Small groups of campers will team up with a counselor and go from station to station depending on the wind and weather conditions for that day. We know that many times, friend groups come to camp together and request to be kept together. On Mondays we will provide a preference form where campers may express interest to be paired with a specific friend. These preferences will be taken into consideration, but keep in mind, groupings are likely to change each day!
Skills covered in our Wind & Waves Camps
- Sailing: movement, basic knots, nomenclature, racing, and much more
- Windsurfing: movement, stance, & turning.
- Canoeing: Strokes, solo paddling, tandem, & wet-exits.
- Kayaking: Strokes, touring, kayak rolls, & nomenclature.
- Stand Up Paddleboard: stance, balance, form, strokes, & rescues.
- Fun land/ water games too!
For ages: 9-15
Maximum: 20-30 participants
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Myers Park, Lansing, NY
- July 4-8
- July 11-15
- July 18-22
- July 25-30
- August 1-5
- August 8-12
- August 15-19
- August 22-26 (Limited spaces available)
- August 29-September 2 (Limited spaces available)